Fixed Term for 18 months, with the possibility of extension or permanency
The role of NEP Health and Safety Manager is a key role within the programme given the nature of work and the environment that the work will be carried out in. The post-holder will play a key role to ensure a safe working environment for all the people who work on the programme and create an environment that is conducive to normal health and well-being.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Experience of managing operational and strategic health and safety issues, developing and implementing improvements, within an estates environment. Specialist knowledge of health and safety legislation, standards and best practice including inspections and reporting of the working environment and safety.
- Working knowledge of civil engineering works, building and construction projects and an awareness of latest Building Regulations and Health and Safety legislation.
- Takes responsibility for setting and delivering high quality safety standards. Considers the safety requirements of different groups and has a broad perspective of safety requirements.
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate, or BOHS Certificate of Competence in Asbestos, or equivalent
- Annual leave starting at 30 days
- Civil Service Pension scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Discounted membership of the in-house gym
Closing date: 21 October 2018.
For further information or to apply, visit our website and search for the relevant job title.