Hays Exclusive Role | National Health & Safety Manager | Charity | London with Multi-site Travel
Your new company
Hays have exclusively partnered with a well-known charity to appoint a new National Health & Safety Manager to work within their Property and Facilities Department. Their Head Office is based in London with their other sites spread across the UK including the following locations: Coventry, Birmingham, Newcastle, Swansea, Merseyside and more...
Your new role
This position will be the lead safety role within the charity, responsible for reviewing, developing, implementing and monitoring the health & safety management system, ensuring the safety of staff, volunteers, visitors and contractors as well as promoting a positive health & safety culture. Your day to day tasks may include but not limited to the following:
- Reviewing, revising and developing organisational and project specific policies and procedures
- Undertaking and organising health & safety inspections and audits to ensure compliance with legislation and policy
- Preparing reports, recommending improvements and working on their implementation
- Ensuring risk assessments and accident management systems are in place
- Completing risk assessments and identifying hazards
- Investigate accidents and incidents and work to prevent re-occurrences
- Maintaining records and analysing key data & statistics
- Identifying and developing relevant training by working with the Learning & Development Team
- Attending Committee Meetings
What you'll need to succeed
This role requires a minimum of a NEBOSH Certificate as well as a proven track record in monitoring and developing management systems. My client is expecting someone with a strong knowledge of H&S legislation and who is confident in delivering training, engaging with various stakeholders, using sharepoint, and can carry out operational tasks such as inspections, risk assessments, accident investigation etc...
What you'll get in return
In return you will get the support from an excellent facilities and property team, exposure to the wider business, support with development and a comprehensive agile working policy including up to 2 days home working per week. You will receive a salary of £36,900 plus benefits package and travel expenses. This is a permanent role with a 35 hour working week.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.