Interim Head of Operational Health and Safety
Up to £62,000 basic
A prestigious central government department has engaged Acre to find an interim Head of Operational Health and Safety to ensure that the department meets statutory, regulatory and internal policy obligations in Health and Safety. This role is key to effective governance of the department and you will be expected to use your specialist subject expertise and leadership to effectively influence, communicate, negotiate, analyse and resolve complex issues.
Key areas of responsibility
- Providing strategic leadership for the organisation, championing development and implementation of the Health and Safety Strategy.
- Leading and influencing the direction of health and safety policy in both the UK and overseas.
- Identifying areas for Health and Safety improvement and make practical, cost effective recommendations.
- Being the main point of contact for expert health and safety advice, supporting and guidance across the department, working with all levels across the organisation.
- Maintain and strengthen strategic relationships within the function and other key stakeholders tot ensure that my clients interests are protected.
- Providing subject specialist expertise and leadership as well as influencing culture change initiatives across the organisation.
Required skills and knowledge:
- Chartered Safety Practitioner (CMIOSH)
- NEBOSH Diploma
- Proven experience of health and safety management systems
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- The ability to influence the direction of the health and safety agenda, lead cultural change programmes and operate at all levels to deliver results.
- Track record of designing, achieving and monitoring performance targets.
- Working across a multi-functional organisation.
- Experience of Change Management.
- Ability to work at Board Level.
This is a superb opportunity to join a prestigious central government department on an interim basis to gain valuable skills and experience. If this role is of interest please apply now, any questions don't hesitate to call Elliot Fisher on 0207 400 5598 .