Fugro is the world’s leading, independent provider of geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions for large constructions, infrastructure and natural resources. We provide the technical data and information required to design, construct and maintain large structures and infrastructure in a safe, reliable and efficient manner. Working around the globe, predominantly in energy and infrastructure markets, we employ approximately 10,000 employees in around 65 countries.
Fugro is now seeking a HSSE Advisor to join our proactive HSSE team based in Falmouth, Cornwall. This challenging and exciting opportunity will require working in all areas of the business with a primary focus on Onshore/Nearshore and Offshore activities. The candidate will have to promote a culture where risk and safety management is at the heart of all our services, the applicant will provide reliable advice, guidance and assistance to company facilities and site-based project teams, including senior and line management and influence all key stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities associated with this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in developing, implementing and monitoring effective HSEQ Management Systems
- Maintain knowledge of current legislative, statutory and sector HSSE requirements
- Raise awareness and promote the corporate HSSE culture and HSSE objectives
- Provide advice and support to senior/department managers and operatives
- Review incidents, identify corrective/preventive actions and ensure adequacy of the close out
- Support line management to investigate incidents and where directed undertake the investigation/lead the investigation team
- Carry out site/project/workshops inspections and compliance audits and monitor the closeout of non-conformances
- Undertake active occupational monitoring i.e. noise, vibration, COSHH etc. within the workplace
- Support project management with the development/review of project documentation and client interface
Required skills and experience
- GCSES or equivalent in English and Mathematics
- NEBOSH general certificate
- Experience in an HSSE Advisor role with relevant skills and experience within an Engineering and/or Offshore and Nearshore based drilling work environment, coupled together with an excellent understanding of ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (word, Excel, Visio, Publisher)
- Excellent communicator and able to build effective working relationships at all levels throughout Fugro, with our clients and external authorities.
- Provide reliable advice and assistance to senior and line management and influence all key stakeholders.
- Able to challenge poor practice and recommend cost effective solutions
- Understanding of Incident investigation process and root cause analysis. From the start to the end of the process.
WHAT WE OFFER
Benefits of this role include a competitive salary accompanied by an attractive package including contributory pension scheme, life assurance, 20 days annual leave, private medical insurance and gym membership.
Please apply by submitting a CV and covering letter through www.fugro.com/career, indicating your anticipated salary requirements.
Fugro Geoservices Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications are judged on the relevant skills and experience of the candidate only.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.