|Salary||£50000 - £60000 per annum|
|Posted||3 months ago|
|Apply by||Sunday, 15 September 2019|
Do you want to champion HSEQ/compliance for a well invested civil engineering contractor? You have the opportunity to be a key member of the rail HSEQ team, covering seven sites in the North West for a Top Track 250 UK based company. If so, this is the role for you.
My client is a well-established construction contractor, and is looking to bolster their future rail operation with an additional Rail Assurance Manager. You will act as a source of support and advice to ensure projects remain compliant within the business, current legislation and adhere to Network Rail Standards. You will manage 7 sites in the north west of the uk, also managing a team of five. A base is available in Birmingham or Derby.
- During works, act as a source of health, safety, environmental and quality support to the project, offering advice on methodology, legislation, methods of working, review of subcontractor's methods and implementation of the Company Integrated Business Manual.
- Supporting site teams in liason with outside parties such as the Client Safety Representatives, HSE, ORR, Local EHO etc.
- Managing a team 5 Health and safety professionals ensuring they are fulfilling their roles and responsibilities.
- Engaging with the other contractors and ensuring co-operation and co-ordination of work planning and site activities.
- Undertaking periodic joint site inspections with HSEQ Representatives from the Client and contractors.
- Undertaking/assisting in Accident & Incident Investigation and compiling detailed level 1 and level 2 reports where required.
- Ensure Accidents and Incidents are records and statistics are maintained and preparing a monthly report on the Rail Departments HSEQ performance.
- Identifying training needs and organising courses.
- Acting as liaison with Network Rail, ORR, HSE, EA etc. on general project wide issues.
- Keeping up to date with legislation, and obtaining material through update services and attending seminars etc.
- Researching and advising on specialist measures that may need to be costed into tenders.
- Leading, planning and attending periodic DNV / RISQS audits.
- Representing the company at HSQE related forums.
- Reviewing and maintaining ROP procedures
The successful applicant will fulfil the following criteria;
- A NEBOSH Construction Certificate or equivalent
- Professional Membership: chartered
- Experience in a construction industry H&S environment.
- Experience the Rail sector
Pay and benefits
25 Days holiday + bank holidays
£50,000 -£60,000 + car/allowance
Bespoke healthcare scheme
For further information please contact Lee at HSE recruitment on 0121 450 5000
Or email email@example.com