Food & Drink Manufacturer | Site HSE Manager | Cardiff Site | £40-50k + £5k Car Allowance |
Your new company
A reputable food & drink manufacturer based in Cardiff are looking for a Site HSE Manager. Providing a wide range of products from ready meals to fruit juices, they have large scale operations underway to provide simple but good quality products.
Your new role
As the Site HSE Manager you will become a senior member of the management team at the Cardiff Site. You will be responsible for implementing safety, health & environmental policy and providing clear leadership for the development of safety culture and behavioural safety. Some of your key tasks may include:
- Delivering training and presentations to help with accident prevention
- Preparing and embedding policies and procedures to establish a culture of health & safety
- Advising on legislation change to ensure continued compliance
- Conducting monthly SHE audits
- Carrying out frequent inspections
- Managing the sites SHE database as well as 3 indirect reports
- Chairing the health & safety committee meetings
- Working closely with the senior management team to achieve company wide SHE objectives
In this role some travel may be required to additional sites within the organisation portfolio within the UK.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful you will need to hold a NEBOSH Certificate, an IEMA environmental qualification and have experience of working with a H&S management role for a FMCG business. My client is also looking for someone with strong training experience, ability to deal with the external authorities and a good understanding of ISO 45001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
What you'll get in return
In return you will get a generous salary of £40k - £50k depending on experience, plus a car allowance of £5k. Additional benefits include private medical insurance for yourself and immediate family, 25 days annual leave plus bank holiday, discount on company products and more...
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.