Acre has been engaged by one of the world's largest and most prestigious Principal Contractors to identify a new Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Lead. This person will be responsible for managing a team of 10 HSE professionals on a variety of developments across the North and Midlands.
Reporting directly into the UK Head of HSE, this position will be responsible for providing HSE support across multiple large-scale construction and civils projects of up to £250m in value, as well as coaching and mentoring other team members.
* Guide and develop a high-performing team of HSE professionals across a business-critical region
* Undertake programmed visits to operational sites to provide support and advice to the operatives and local management
* Undertake regular reviews of the performance of personnel and contractors with regard to meeting the HSE operating standards through site visits, inspections and audits
* Support and advise on planning for implementation of Zero Harm / Sustainability objectives and ensuring processes are effective in delivering environmental limits
* Prepare written reports following all site visits, inspections, audits and investigations as required by the HSE operating procedures
* Deliver training and advisory sessions to personnel and contractors in conjunction with HR teams
* Support local management in their liaison with clients and contractors by attending meetings and other events such as working groups
This position will suit individuals who have great communications skills, a collaborative working style and can travel across their respective region on a daily basis. Previous experience of working within the construction, civils or engineering sector is a must.
* CMIOSH or GradIOSH working towards chartered status
* Demonstrable experience in a health & safety advisor/manager role
* Experience of managing and developing a small team is desirable
* Previous experience working within the Construction sector
* Experience of advising in a multi-site environment
* Experience in delivery of HSE training
This is a fantastic opportunity for a results-driven and experienced individual to join a world-leading and renowned construction business, helping to drive Health, Safety and Environmental performance across a multitude of key projects.