Acre has been engaged by one of the world's largest Facilities Management (FM) services providers to identify a new Health and Safety Manager. Based from London, this position will cover London and Essex and be dedicated to delivering into a globally recognised financial services client. With one direct report, you will have responsibility for undertaking HS inspections across the client's retail and corporate banking network of retail branches & corporate office buildings. The key aim is to ensure that all the portfolio is compliant with both the contract, in the form of the Bank's Policies, Procedures and Standards and the FM Businesses Operating Systems.
- Undertake assurance audits and inspections as required monthly on scheduled locations and ensure corrective actions are raised for areas of non-compliance.
- Assistance and support to be provided to the Operational teams in reviewing and maintaining the appropriate documentation supporting the EHS Management System.
- Provide up to date advice and guidance to the Account Management Team on current legislation, Best Practice and Safety, Health & Environment matters.
- Promote and support the continuous development of a positive Health & Safety awareness culture which recognises and acknowledges the crucial role that Health & Safety has on the overall success of the business.
- Line management responsibilities to the UK HSE Advisor within your area of responsibility.
- Aid and guidance to locations teams on all accident/incident investigations and lead investigations as required by severity level.
This position will suit individuals that have great communications skills, a collaborative working style and can travel across their respective region daily. Previous experience of working within an auditing, FM or consulting position would also be advantageous.
- IOSH Graduate membership (Grad IOSH) or working towards this.
- Level 6 accredited qualification (e.g. NVQ4 Occupational Health & Safety Practice, NEBOSH Diploma, BSC Level 6 or NCRQ Level 6 Diploma)
- Food Safety qualification Level 3, level 4 preferable
- Internal Auditor qualification either 90001, 18001 or 45001 preferable
- At least 5 years Health & Safety experience in a similar role within a large, diverse organisation incorporating critical and mission critical buildings and building services.
- A proven track record of success in maintaining effective Health & Safety Management Systems.
- Experience within corporate client and retail environments
This is a fantastic to join a world leading FM business working with their largest global financial services client.