The Wood Group has an exciting opportunity for a Health, Safety, Security & Environment (HSE) Manager to drive the development and implementation of the HSE strategy for the UK Power Network Overhead Line and Sub-Station project portfolio.
Who we are
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people.
What we do
Wood delivers comprehensive services to support its customers and the rich heritage of our founding organisation makes us a respected presence in global industrial markets, combining unrivalled technical knowledge and a drive for outstanding delivery.
We are specifically looking for someone with strong leadership experience at a senior management level to provide vision and direction; ensuring the safe and efficient management and delivery of projects from concept to completion.
We are looking for candidates with:
- Experience of leading an organisation through periods of change to embed a culture of safety first
- Credible management experience in a similar role within a high-risk industry sector
- Strong leadership experience at senior management level including setting and delivering OHS/HSSE strategies across a multifunctional organisation
- Experience of coaching and training senior executives on safety responsibilities and systems
- Experience of working with a diverse range of stakeholders, staff and contractors within engineering and construction management
- Proven success at building and maintaining exceptional OHS/HSE standards
- Experience of managing a team of direct and indirect reports
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent Degree level qualification
If you are that dynamic professional with the skills to succeed and take on the challenge of an exciting new career in the Transmission and Distribution industry, apply here.
To find out more about the life at the Wood Group, please explore our values at https://www.woodplc.com/who-we-are/vision-and-values/values by clicking on the video.