Our client, a market leading transport specialist, are looking to hire a new Health, Safety, Environment and Wellbeing Advisor for a 3-month rolling contract. Reporting directly into the Health, Safety, Environment and Wellbeing Manager. You will need to be able to demonstrate a progressive approach to Health, Safety & Environment and ideally have a background in manufacturing.
Your key accountabilities will include
- Provide advice on legislation, policies, procedures and best practice in relation to health, safety and environmental protection
- Liaise with external parties, including contractors, customers and regulators to provide advice and support on HSEW matters as required
- Actively demonstrate commitment and adherence to the clients zero harm principles and 4 steps process
- Support and champion the zero-harm principle and lead implementation of cultural initiatives to promote effective management of HSEW risk and to promote continual improvement
- Implement safe systems and controls within your area of responsibility
- Understand, implement and comply with the clients HSEW policies.
- Fully participate and engage in behavioural safety agenda to ensure you and your team work safely.
- Monitor compliance to meet internal control procedures and take appropriate corrective action.
To succeed, you'll need:
- To act as an expert adviser and a critical friend to staff and management, and collaborate with colleagues in the Health, Safety, Environment and Wellbeing function to ensure legal compliance and to deliver continual improvement in pursuit of excellence.
- A Degree in Occupational Safety/Safety Diploma or equivalent
- Desirable qualifications include Diploma in Fire Prevention, NEBOSH Certificate or a recognised environmental qualification
- Demonstrable experience working within the manufacturing industry
- Experience of devising and delivering training programmes
If you relish the idea of becoming a key member to how Health and Safety is implemented across a national brand, then apply now and get in touch for more information.