Acre has been retained by one of the UK's leading construction and house building businesses to identify a Regional Health, Safety & Sustainability Business Partner. Working closely with the Group HSS Director and regional business unit leaders, this position will oversee a transformational change in HSS culture and performance by enabling and empowering site and project teams to take ownership of HSS.
Through an enabling and collaborative approach, you will play a crucial role in the ongoing step-change within the organisation, helping to create a sustainable and values-driven HSS culture.
* Provide high-quality, professional and proactive support to the regional and divisional business units from the design stage through to project completion
* Influence and empower business unit leaders to shape and implement robust plans that drive performance improvements where required
* Ensure that the operational business is empowered to properly implement the transformation implementation plan and sustainable culture change
* Act as a commercially aware, focused and business-minded partner for Health, Safety & Sustainability
* Ensure that site and project teams are self-sufficient and properly enabled through a successful HSS coaching and influencing strategy
* Lead on all major incident and accident investigation and ensure that preventive actions are implemented through a process of root cause analysis
* Relevant technical knowledge gained through substantial and sustained HSS experience in a construction or house building environment
* Track record of successfully supporting the implementation of a cultural change programme
* Highly engaging and compelling communication style with a proven ability to win hearts and minds at all levels within an organisation
* Ambitious and results driven with a strong desire to exceed expectations both internally and externally
* Takes ownership of complex issues and tasks and empowers others to do the same
* Progressive and forward-thinking approach to HSS
* GradIOSH working towards Chartered status as a minimum, preferably CMIOSH
This position offers a great opportunity to take up a highly influential and visible position whilst overseeing a long-term transformational change programme within a reputable business.