We are recruiting for an exceptional individual to join us as Health,Safety and Risk Manager Estates withing Estates and Campus Services.
The Health, Safety and Risk Manager has a leading role in setting the strategic direction for health and safety, and risk management within the Estates and Campus Services Division. Working closely with senior management, Heads of Department, and the University's Safety Services, the position ensures the development and promotion of a positive and visible safety culture within the Estates Division.
Acting as an independent and objective body that reviews and evaluates risks and concerns within the Estates and Facilities Division, the role requires an individual with demonstrable significant experience and skills in managing health, safety and risk in a corporate environment and with appropriate relevant experience of working within construction and/or estate management related disciplines.
Your priorities will include:
- To lead on the Division's health and safety strategy, including the development of policy and establishment of performance standards for the Division via policies, practices and procedures.
- Establish and facilitate Divisional Health and Safety Committee meetings to ensure key information is discussed and appropriate decisions are made.
- Develop, set up and maintain suitable health and safety management systems based on the principles of ISO 45001 to demonstrate continuous ongoing improvement in compliance.
- Create a climate in which safety has a high value, is regularly promoted and where individuals are clear about their responsibilities and safety objectives within the Division.
- Keep up to date with relevant health and safety legislation and best practice and provide regular updates for managers as appropriate.
Please visit our website for full details of the duties associated with this role.
Who we’re looking for:
Essential Education, Experience and Achievements:
- Relevant Degree or equivalent qualifications with demonstrable significant experience of working on or within a construction and/orestates project management related environment.
- Demonstrable significant experience in a corporate health and safety compliance management role within a contruction and/or estates project management setting.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills-able to develop mutual trust and positive, open relationships with key members of the University staff, students, colleagues, consultants and relevant authorities
- Strong influencing skills
For full details of the skills and experience required for this role please visit our website.
We are one of the UK’s leading universities – internationally recognised for our expertise across a range of disciplines and research breakthroughs in multiple areas, including science, medicine and engineering, amongst many others. Conveniently located on the banks of River Tay, our main city-centre campus is at the heart of Dundee - an up-and-coming, friendly, compact and affordable city with a rich heritage in design and technology. We also have campuses at Ninewells Hospital and in Kirkcaldy which are easily accessible via local transport links.
For further information about this position please contact Mr Aidan McColgan, Deputy Director, Estates and Campus Services at A.McColgan@dundee.ac.uk.
The diversity of our staff and students helps to make the University of Dundee one of the top universities in the UK. Family friendly policies, staff support networks for BME and LGBT staff, membership of Athena SWAN and Stonewall, as well a full range of disability services, create an enjoyable and inclusive place to work.
Closing Date: 19th July 2019