Your new company
This public sector organisation is host to a high quality health & safety team who offer professional health & safety advice to ensure all activities carried out can be done safely. This role sits in the central health & safety team reporting into the Head of Health & Safety.
Your new role
As a Health, Safety & Fire Advisor you will assist the Head of Health & Safety in providing advice on fire safety, hazardous substances, general health & safety and will undertake additional roles such as training and performance monitoring. Their is a large emphasis on Fire Safety in this role as well as providing general health & safety advice. Some of your main duties could include the following:
- Implementing, co-ordinating and maintaining efficient fire prevention measures
- Operational duties such as Fire Safety training and undertaking Fire Risk Assessments
- Inspections and monitoring of fire safety arrangements
- Reviewing and implementing Fire Safety Policy
- Providing a range of H&S advice including for events, experiments etc...
- Promote and maintain a health & safe working environment
- Advise and coordinate PEEP's for all members of the organisation
- Prepare and deliver safety guidance
- Prepare and undertake annual reviews of safety risks and fire safety risks
- Provide support to additional departments
- and more...
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful you will need to hold both health and safety and fire safety qualifications. Ideally you would hold the NEBOSH Certificate and either hold or be working towards the NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent.) On the Fire Safety side it is essential that you hold at least one of the following C05 Certificate in Fire Risk Assessment, CFPA Diploma (or working towards) or the NEBOSH Fire. My client is looking for someone who has experience working in large complex organisations, has experience delivering training, auditing, accident investigations and undertaking risk assessments including FRA's. Higher education experience would be desirable but it is not essential.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a generous basic salary of up to £43,000 per annum. In addition to this you will also be enrolled into a lucrative public sector pension scheme, well-being programme and an annual leave entitlement of 34 days + bank holidays.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Nicole Smith from Hays Health & Safety who is managing this vacancy on 02072598724.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.