Maplefield have been engaged by one of the country’s leading manufacturers to recruit a Health Safety and Environmental Officer to manage and maintain health and safety across a single site with corporate, manufacturing and dispatch functions.
A robust Health and Safety system and strategy is in place accredited to ISO 9001 ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 (45001) with the main function of the role to maintain a safe working environment for all employees and visitors. You will have a heavy shop floor presence with high visibility across site undertaking inspections and walk rounds and offering training and guidance where necessary.
- Manage and maintain the health safety and environmental policies and systems
- Deliver training and induction
- Site inspections and audits
- Manage fire safety
- Keep HSE stats up to date
- Manage and maintain RIDDORS and Near Misses
- Liaise with external bodies and clients for audits and inspections
- Manage HSE across Corporate, Manufacturing and Dispatch functions
- Manage environmental aspects around hazardous substances, legionella, carbon keeping the EMS up to date
- Ensure the plant remains PPC compliant
Qualifications and skills:
- Strong practical knowledge of HSE
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualification or similar
- Previous experience of HSE in a manufacturing environment
- IT Literate
- Knowledge of chemical substances and COSHH (desirable)
- Strong communication skills
The client offer an excellent base salary up to £35K and an exceptional benefits package. This is a great opportunity to work for one of the largest companies in the UK in their sector with training and good career progression provided so apply immediately as the client is looking to appoint within the coming weeks. Please email me a copy of your CV or call for an informal chat 0208 213 3099.