|Salary||£40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Posted||2 months ago|
|Apply by||Wednesday, 4 September 2019|
Based in Newport with 1 x per week travel to an additional site based in Wellingborough
Report in to Group Health and Safety Manager and Site Director
Salary - £40-45,000 per annum + Hire Car ( for travel to Wellingborough ), bonus scheme, Auto enrolment pension and 25 days holiday + bank holidays
Main responsibilities :-
• Provide specialist advice on all Safety, Health and Environmental related matters.
• Responsible for all HSE training needs for the two sites
• Work alongside the Site Director in the establishment and maintenance of an effective Health, Safety and Environmental Management System
• Drive consistency and best practice across the two sites
• Align the two sites from a HSE prospective
• Assist the Site Director in setting annual health, safety and environmental objectives and to monitor progress towards achieving an agreed vision.
• Assist the Site Director in the development of health, safety and environmental management strategies, and to champion their implementation across the factory.
• Ensure the effective coordination of the Safety Committee.
• Ensure that the Company First Aid arrangements and Occupational Health provisions are adequate.
• Manage the Health, Safety and Environmental Manual and all included documents and arranges for the preparation and routine revision of Health & Safety Policies and Procedures.
• Co-ordinate health, safety and environmental activities and manages the establishment and maintenance of appropriate health & safety communications
• Audit performance against Key Performance indicators and correct safety behaviors, and takes remedial action as required.
• Ensure all accidents are investigated by competent investigators, ensures root causes have been identified, and ensures that corrective actions have been completed.
• Investigate and report on major accidents, incidents and dangerous occurrences. Ensures all statutory reports are submitted and Senior Managers are informed as required.
• Monitor and collate trends for all internal and external health, safety and environmental related activities in order to provide an analysis of the organization's safety performance against internal Key Performance Indicators and external best practice.
• Co-operate with the People Manager to ensure that health, safety and environmental training activities satisfies the needs of the business and legislation. Organises or provides training as required.
• Co-ordinate the annual internal health & safety audit
• Coordinate the investigation and recommendations arising from any industrial injury claims
• Liaise with appropriate enforcing authorities, key stakeholders and neighbors as required.
• Keep informed of new legislation, and professional and technical developments in health & safety and brief the Management Team accordingly.
• Achieve and maintain a recognised standard of competency and undertakes continuing professional development.
• Ensure all Fire Safety needs for the sites are met
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in the manufacturing sector
- Strong Leader, able to coach and engage with others
- Able to influence
- Pragmatic and solutions focused
- Hands on and proactive
Does this sound like you and your experience? Are you interested in applying for this position?
If this position has taken your interest then please apply or send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org