NRT Carpentry Contractors Ltd provides professional carpentry services to the construction industry with over 25 years of experience in this sector. Based out of our head office in Farnham, Surrey, we are currently working with major developers on over 15 live residential projects, across London and the Home Counties, each ranging from between 20-400 properties. Our current workforce comprises 40 employees and up to 100 sub-contractors.
We are recruiting for a Health, Safety & Environment Officer to join our team on a full-time basis. Office based, you will provide HSE support and shall be responsible for implementing our health & safety policy across all areas of work which will include a requirement for routine visits to all our projects. The candidate will be focused and committed to the continual improvement of safe working practices, an enthusiastic member of the team, and be able to work unsupervised to meet deadlines set by senior management.
Working closely with all members of the management team and reporting directly to the Managing Director, responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Conducting HSE inspections and audits across all projects
- Preparing and submitting annual audits for renewal of CHAS and SMAS, SSIP schemes
- Monitoring, advising, supporting, enforcing and reporting upon standards of HSE
- Identifying areas of non-conformance with health & safety policies and procedures and bringing them to the attention of senior management as appropriate
- Reporting on and investigating accidents/incidents
- Working with and supporting the site management teams as required
- Implementing health & safety initiatives to promote best practice on site
- Engage with the workforce to ensure health & safety information is understood and best practice encouraged thereby establishing an excellent safety culture.
- Preparing and reviewing risk assessments including COSHH, fire and safe systems of works, etc
- Training all operatives on company health & safety policies and ensuring that training records are maintained
- Producing management reports/statistics on a regular basis to monitor progress
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate
- Full & clean UK Driving Licence
- Valid CSCS Card
- Proven HSE experience within the construction industry
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety
- City & Guilds Level 5 (NVQ) Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety Practice
- Level 3 Award in Training Skills & Practice
- First Aid at Work
- Scaffolding awareness
CV and references will be required.