Health, Safety and Environment Manager (HSE) |Norwich | Salary £45,000 to £48,000 + Car and Benefits
We've been engaged by a well-established mechanical engineering company in the Engineering Construction Industry to secure a Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Manager. The role will report to the Compliance Director and will lead on health, safety and environment for the business. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring a positive and proactive approach to Health, Safety and Environment across the organisation.
This is a great opportunity to work in a tight knit organisation and help to drive health, safety, environment performance forward. The focus of this role will be health and safety however the successful candidate with play an important role in environmental compliance.
Responsibilities of the Health, Safety and Environment Manager will include:
- Working closely with the senior management team to implement the health, safety and environment policies and procedures in line with the business evolution and growth
- Engaging across the organisation from the senior management to the shop floor to embed health and safety best practice
- Managing a regular audit and reporting program and communicating performance across the company
- Acting as the key Health, Safety and Environment point of contact for a range of stakeholders including regulators and customers
- Leading on programmes of work and new initiatives across health, safety and environment
The successful candidate will have:
- Similar experience in a health, safety and environment role with a proven track record of improving performance
- Experience within manufacturing, construction or other related high-risk industry
- A proactive and self-motivated approach
- Ideally a NEBOSH, NVQ 5, or NCRQ diploma (or equivalent)
- Membership of IOSH (Grad or Chartered)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate from the boardroom to the shop floor
This is a great opportunity to join an established organisation and work on a range of interesting projects. If you have the relevant skills and experience or would like further information, please contact Michael Colton on 01923 432633 or
Irwin & Colton is a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.