Health, Safety & Environment Manager
Location: Flexible - Cambridge, Northampton or Warwickshire
Camgrain are a multi-site grain handling and storage business that is looking to recruit a companywide Health & Safety and Environment Manager.
The successful candidate will have proven success within a multi-site organisation, ideally within a bulk storage, transport or logistics business and have the talent and experience to progressively drive a sustainable health, safety and environmentally aware culture throughout the business. The successful candidate will need to have a practical attitude, be able to apply a consistent and practical approach when interpreting legal requirements and appreciating the needs of the business and the nature of risks that our operations create.
A proven Health and Safety Practitioner with the ability to ensure environmental compliance, you will have at least five years’ experience of dealing with health and safety issues across large multi-site operations. Experience in transport, logistics or the food supply chain will be a distinct advantage, as is the ability to confidently liaise and engage with Enforcement Officers.
The organisation can offer flexibility with location as you could be predominantly based at any one of our UK sites, which include Cambridge, Northampton and Warwickshire.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Provide practical and proactive advice and leadership to the operational teams.
- Advise and coach management on Health, Safety and the Environment, as well as developing and supporting site managers in developing a sustainable safety culture.
- Working with key stakeholders to drive cultural and behavioural change throughout the business.
- Ensure implementation of management systems, as well as auditing and monitoring against systems and policy, ensuring that legal and corporate compliance issues within the business are resolved
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
Reporting to the Deputy Chief Executive you will have a strategic focus and full autonomy for Health, Safety and Environmental matters across the business, therefore excellent communication and influencing skills are a key requirement. In addition, you will have:
- A Minimum of NEBOSH certificate preferably a NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, or similar qualification
- Previous Multi-Site Health & Safety Management experience
- Grad. IOSH status as a minimum ideally CMIOSH
- Experience of change management & developing safety cultures within an organisation.
- A proven ability to influence upwards in order to promote a positive safety culture
This is a great opportunity for an independent, focused and forward-thinking Health, Safety and Environment professional to work for a large and well-established organisation. If you have multi-site experience and looking to develop your career in this demanding and challenging role, then please apply to; Fran Slater, HR Department, Camgrain Stores Limited, London Road, Balsham, Cambridge, CB21 4HH or email: email@example.com
Closing deadline 20 February 2018