Health, Safety and Environment Manager | Oxford | £65,000 + Car Allowance and benefits
We're working with a major principal contractor to recruit a Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Manager for their Rail division. The company is going from strength to strength and is involved in a broad range of major construction, civil engineering and rail infrastructure projects.
This role is looking for an experienced health and safety professional to join the rail infrastructure division with a particular focus on overhead line and power / electrification. We are seeking an innovative individual who can bring ideas and energy to the role. The role will report directly to the Head of HSE and lead a team.
Responsibilities of the Health, Safety and Environment Manager will include:
- Leading a Health and Safety team ensuring the delivery of the strategy on site and at project locations across London and the South East
- Operating at site influencing, engaging and coaching key internal and external stakeholders to effect change
- Undertake audits, inspections and ensure the health, safety and environment policies and systems are implemented at site level
- Constantly assess opportunities for improvement and share best practice across the organisation
The successful Health, Safety and Environment Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within rail infrastructure, overhead line or a related industry
- Experience in engaging at all levels from senior management to site level operational staff
- Working towards or hold NEBOSH / NCRQ Diploma or NVQ5 (or equivalent)
- Grad IOSH status and ideally working towards Chartered membership of IOSH
This is an excellent opportunity to work across a diverse portfolio of rail projects with a growing business that has a strong reputation. For further information or to discuss your career, contact James Irwin on or 01923 432 632
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.