|Salary||£55000 - £65000 per annum|
|Posted||3 months ago|
|Apply by||Wednesday, 11 September 2019|
This company are one of the largest suppliers of specialist products into their field, are award winning and have a trusted brand and heritage in the market. It is a large site of around 800 staff and is a 24/7 operation. This is a standalone role in which you will be required to wear the hat of a strategic senior leader but also roll your sleeves up and take a hands on approach. We need someone who is happy with this type of mixed role and who enjoys both elements.
With this role you will be responsible for developing a behavioural change programme and working with everyone on site to turn around the culture of this site. Since they were bought out last year the culture has, with the help of an invaluable senior management team already started to make strides. What they really need is a positive HSE manager who will take it to the next level and ensure it stays at the top of the agenda, get the basics right, find areas to improve and maintain what is already done well.
Your day to day responsibilities will include everything you expects; accident investigations, create and maintain risk assessments, organise training, work closely with other departments, lead H&S meetings and manage the systems etc.
Personality wise you need to be:
• Want someone who will be on the shop floor, will talk about safety and encourage the conversation
• Someone who will challenge the norm and is assertive and push back when needed
• Be positive and have a can do attitude
• Strong communication skills and good relationship builder at all levels
Qualification and Experience
• Worked within a manufacturing company on a large site ideally
• Behavioural safety change experience
• Diploma Level qualified in Health and Safety
• Lean manufacturing experience
• Environmental experience would be beneficial
Does this sound like you and your experience? Are you interested in applying for this position?
Please send across your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Aisling on 0121 454 5000.