Health, Safety & Environment Manager (Waste / Recycling) | Grantham | £45,000 - £50,000 plus car and benefits
We've been engaged by a leader in the waste and recycling industry to recruit a Health, Safety Manager. The role, reporting to the Managing Director, is focused on leading Health, Safety and Environment to drive performance across the business. The organisation is well known in the industry, with a long history of successful operation, and going through a continued period of growth.
Responsibilities of the Health, Safety & Environment Manager will include:
- Promote a positive health and safety culture across the organisation, seeking best practice at every opportunity
- Create, develop and manage the annual Health, Safety & Environment plan and objectives for the organisation
- Keep updated with key changes to legislation to ensure the organisation remains compliant
- Manage the induction, training and development programme across the business
- Continually develop and review the Health and Safety management system in line with industry best practice
The successful Health, Safety and Environment Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within waste, agriculture or a related industry
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent and ideally membership of a relevant professional body (i.e IOSH)
- The ability to influence and engage with all levels of the organisation internally and any external stakeholders
- A good technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
This position would suit an experienced Health and Safety professional who has experience of working across a diverse portfolio. A UK Driver's license is essential for this role. For further details and to apply please contact Michael Colton on 01923 432 633.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.