Health, Safety and Environment Manager - Manufacturing | Eastleigh | Attractive Salary + Car + excellent benefits
We've been engaged by an industrial technology manufacturer to recruit a Health, Safety and Environment Manager. The organisation has a large global footprint, and this role is responsible for leading health and safety across four UK manufacturing sites. Reporting into the HSEQ Director, you will be responsible for driving continuous improvements to create a positive health and safety culture across the organisation. The role will be based at their head office in Hampshire.
Responsibilities of the Health, Safety and Environment Manager will include:
- Ensuring sites are compliant with both UK legislation and the orgnisations global strategy for health, safety and environment.
- Engaging with staff at all levels across the manufacturing sites, to drive improvements across health, safety and environment.
- Auditing health, safety and environmental performance, accurately reporting and investigating incidents and near misses as required.
- Represent the organisation on any health, safety and environmental matters, liaising with key internal and external stakeholders, including contractors, regulators, and enforcement agencies.
The successful Health, Safety and Environment Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within a related manufacturing, pharmaceutical, chemical or industrial environment.
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent, and ideally Graduate membership of IOSH.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to engage at all levels
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation
- A good understanding of ISO accreditations and management systems - Lead Auditor Certification would be an advantage
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a global leader in the industrial manufacturing sector. If you have the required experience, please contact Emily Dainton on or 01923 432 634. REF ED468
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.