UK Health, Safety and Environment Lead
Southampton | £63,000 + Car allowance and benefits
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a global specialist construction and technology company to recruit a UK Health, Safety and Environment Lead. The company are very well known in their sector and have a robust order book and strong projected growth. There is a strong commitment to achieving the highest standards across safety, health, environment in the business and this role is critical to continue success in this function.
Reporting to the Global Head of Health, Safety and Environment, this will be an independent role leading on health, safety and environment for the UK business.
Responsibilities of the Health, Safety and Environment Lead will include:
- Overseeing the development and monitoring of the company's management system and ensuring a positive health and safety culture across the business
- Manage and maintain ISO 9001, ISO45001 and ISO 14001
- Producing management reports on health and safety performance for the leadership team
- Creating and implementing new ideas and initiatives to improve health and safety standards
- Investigating any accidents and incidents, identifying the root cause, and any areas for improvement
- Overseeing the development and implementation of EHS training requirements across the business
The successful Health, Safety and Environment Lead will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within construction, utilities, or civil engineering (or a related industry) ideally with exposure to highways operations
- Ideally hold a NEBOSH or NCRQ Diploma and membership of IOSH
- Excellent experience obtaining and maintain management systems including ISO 14001, 9001 and 18001 / 45001
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
This position would suit an experienced Health & Safety Manager or Head of SHEQ looking for the next step and to lead a health, safety and environment department. The role will require a self-starter who can bring knowledge and ideas to help continue to drive the health, safety and environment department forward. For more information please contact James Irwin.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.