|Posted||7 months ago|
|Apply by||Thursday, 27 June 2019|
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Manager with a wide experience of HSE management within a manufacturing/engineering environment to lead our HSE team.
The HSE Manager will have full responsibility for the management of HSE, working with the manufacturing and engineering teams to ensure that a high level of safety is maintained while working towards continual improvement of HSE within the company.
We are a fast-paced and growing company, requiring the HSE Manager to have excellent safety management, risk control, development and coaching skills.
DUTIES OF ROLE
The responsibilities of the HSE Manager will include:
• Providing Health & Safety advice and guidance specific to the business needs, and continuously advising on safe systems of work
• Ensuring that the company is proactive, up-to-date and compliant in regards to HSE legislation
• Coordinating and managing the HSE annual training budget, while, in coordination with the Training Officer, leading the implementation of the company’s HSE training, induction, toolbox and awareness programmes. This will include internal and external training for management, staff and third parties to ensure legal and procedural compliance, as well as improving the company’s understanding, control and management of HSE risks
• Implementing and maintaining ISO standard 45001 by March 2019 and 14001 by 2021
• Controlling and reducing the company’s inherent HSE risks, carrying out internal audits of the HSE process and carrying out site inspections to ensure compliance
• Carrying out specialised risk assessments and advising and training managers and engineers on general risk assessments, while ensuring that all risk assessment documentation is controlled and kept up-to-date
• Managing reporting and investigation procedures for accidents/incidents to establish the root causes and preventative measures required
• Managing HSE legal obligations, including RIDDOR, claims, permit reviews and visits, or information requests from Local authorities and Health & Safety Executive, etc.
• Effectively managing and controlling asbestos on site to ensure the timely implementation of the asbestos management plan within budget
• Presenting a monthly PowerPoint report on HSE to the board and updates on KPIs, key tasks, project progress and continual improvement as a part of the HR, Safety & Compliance review
EDUCATION/TRAINING & KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE
• Experience in a similar HSE role is essential
• Minimum Level 5 in Managing Health & Safety or the equivalent
• IOSH- or NEBOSH-qualified
• P405 Management of Asbestos in Buildings training or working towards it
• Recognised qualification in Environmental Management
• Experience (ideally implementing) and knowledge of ISO standards 14001 and 18001
• Experience of implementing and training of new procedures
• Experience of working in a fast-paced HSE team within a manufacturing/engineering environment
• Knowledgeable and experienced in the management of asbestos, DSEAR, PUWER, CoSHH and CDM, etc.
• Knowledge of HSE processes and legislation
• Qualified as a lead auditor
• Experience in creating and implementing RAMS
• Driven to contribute to TENMAT’s growth and success with enthusiasm
• Able to work as a member of a team, but also capable of working alone to tight deadlines
• Good organisational and time management skills, and able to maintaining high standards
• Passionate about making a difference within the HSE profession and able to successfully introduce change
• Analytical skills to interpret detailed information and regulations
• High standard of written English and good communication skills, and strong presentation and report-writing skills
• Ability to liaise and coordinate with managers, staff and operatives of all levels
• Competitive salary
• 25 days’ holidays (plus bank holidays)
• Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance Scheme
• Bonus Scheme
• Exciting stable career
TENMAT is a leading manufacturer of advanced materials and components with outstanding mechanical and thermal properties for demanding industrial applications. The diversified product range includes, thermoset composites for wear parts and bearings, engineering ceramics, high temperature resistant materials, passive fire protection solutions and functionally graded materials. TENMAT operates an ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System for the design, development and manufacturing of specialized high-performance engineering materials and components. TENMAT stands for innovation, safety products, commitment to our customers and the latest quality standards worldwide.
The TENMAT group is a multinational corporation with fully owned subsidiaries and presences in the United Kingdom, USA, France, Germany, Sweden, Italy, and Czech Republic supported by a global network of vendors and distributors.
Human Resources Officer or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashburton Road West