An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Health, Safety and Environment Advisor to join Britten-Norman Aircraft Limited, a Britten-Norman group company, producer of one of the most successful civil aircraft ever manufactured in the UK. Britten-Norman is the UK’s only independent civil aircraft manufacturer and has been producing aircraft continuously for over 50 years.
This role is based at our Lee-on-the-Solent premises.
Purpose of the role
The Health, Safety and Environment Advisor will assure group wide compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, develop the company’s HS&E Management System, promote measurable effectiveness and continuous safety improvements across the Company, and drive process improvements towards achieving ISO45001 and ISO14001 certification.
Main tasks will include but are not limited to:
· Undertake risk assessments and inspections to determine ways of reducing risks with cost effective solutions and prepare reports of all the company operations.
· Audit internally to ensure that the processes needed for the Health and Safety Management System are compliant with current Health and Safety legislation, ISO45001 and ISO14001.
· Manage / conduct internal health and safety training.
· Ensure that equipment, including IT, Test Equipment, Machinery and Access Equipment is installed and used correctly/safely.
· Maintain a register of HS&E occurrences and report on any identified trends.
Key Skills and Attributes:
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills with ability to retain composure and flexibility under pressure
· Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and outlook
· Ability to multi-task and to determine and manage priorities to meet multiple deadlines
· Effective in a team and as an individual. Precise, accurate and meticulousness. Reliable, pro-active and self-confident.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
· 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) to include Maths and English at grade C or above.
· IOSH approved qualification.
· ISO45001 Internal auditor qualification.
· ISO14001 Internal auditor qualification.
· Formal risk assessment training.
· Membership of a professional body.
· Experience in the generation of Health and Safety procedures.
· Must be able to demonstrate a period of relevant and suitable experience in a Health and Safety advisory role within a manufacturing organisation.
· Experience of liaising with authorities regarding Health and Safety matters.
· Experience of performing risk assessments.
· Experience of implementing or maintaining compliance with ISO45001 standard
· Experience of implementing or maintaining compliance with ISO14001 standard
· 33 days holiday (Inclusive of bank holidays)
· Contributory pension scheme
· Eligibility to join the healthcare scheme upon successful completion of the probation period
· Free Parking
Any offer of employment will be conditional, subject to the successful completion of the Company’s Security Clearance process. This will be arranged by the Company on the candidate’s behalf.
If you wish to apply for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter demonstrating your suitability for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high number of applicants we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond to all applications. As such, if you have not received a response from us within 3 weeks of submitting your application, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time if we receive a high level of applications therefore we recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.