Your new company
Hays Health & Safety have been exclusively appointed to recruit for a Health, Safety & Environment Advisor role at a London Based Airport.
Your new role
The overall objective of your new role will be to continually promote improvements of HS&E performance at the Airport including the health, safety & welfare of all airport users and the consequences of accident/incidents. You will be helping to assist the Senior Manager by providing technical operational advice and by reviewing audit compliance.You will also actively be involved in HS&E culture change programmes, work closely with different departments to improve HS&E and tackle challenges, measure performance of plans and ensure risks are reduced as far as is reasonably practicable.
Your day to day responsibilities may include the following:
- development and maintenance of Health, Safety & Environment Policies
- promoting Health, Safety & Environment legislation
- train and develop H&S Coordinators/Supervisors in relevant H&S issues
- monitor Health, Safety & Environment objectives and report achievement to risk management groups
- monitor and audit, relevant, risk assessments (including DSE, COSHH, Fire etc)
- ensure that all accidents, injuries, dangerous occurrences and work-related diseases are investigated and actioned as necessary
- monitor and review performance of any Sub Contractor and report back as required.
- assist the Environment Manager when required to deliver Environmental responsibilities
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful in this London Airport you will need to be a strongly people-orientated advisor with experience in risk management. Communication skills and the ability to create a positive culture are just as important as health & safety qualifications & experience. For your application to be one of the stronger you must have a minimum of the NEBOSH General Certificate and NEBOSH Environmental Management and have good practical experience in the field. You must be able to demonstrate ability to work in a diverse environment, write and deliver training and complete operational health & safety activities. Experience within the Logistics, Transport, Shopping Centres or multi-site operations would be highly desirable.
What you'll get in return
In return, you will be offered an annual salary of just over £39,000 for a full time 37 hour per week employment. On top of the salary the Benefits package includes private health cover, pension contribution and discounted duty free purchases whilst on-site in the Terminal. This is a great role with diverse challenges and great for progression of skills.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.