|Salary||£50000 per annum|
|Sector||Environmental Health & Safety|
|Posted||9 days ago|
|Apply by||Thursday, 16 January 2020|
My client is a leading construction, engineering and infrastructure specialist who employ 700 people in the UK. This company works with government departments, build clients and is involved in major infrastructure and research. Those employed within this business include scientists, engineers and consultants. Due to succession planning promotion this business is searching for a hands Health safety and Wellbeing manager on a permanent basis, with a plan in place to promote to Head of Safety in 2-3 years' time. This role is based in Watford, with monthly visits to sites in Middlesex, and bi annually to Scotland.
• Managing certificated management systems
• Providing consultancy services across the business, supporting decision-making through sound, expert advice and practicable solutions
• Assisting management and colleagues in health, safety, wellbeing and environment matters
• To carry out annual audits
• Assistance with the preparation of Risk Assessments, COSHH Assessments
• To provide all clients with the most up to date and accurate advice
• Reporting any accidents / incidents as required under the RIDDOR Regulations.
• Carry out individual construction site audits if required and produce a site audit report.
The key accountabilities of this role
• Conduct site inspections to confirm procedures are being implemented correctly and provide appropriate and relevant advice to close any identified gaps where required
• Confirm working practices are in line with legal requirements, regulatory guidelines and industry standards
• Report writing with reference to recommendations and inspection record keeping
• Management of near miss, accident and incident reports, including investigation into root cause.
• Keep up to date with legislative changes and industry standards
• Collaborate with and represent H&W when working with internal colleagues and teams as well as external /interested parties
• Promote company values in all interactions whether internal or external
• Relevant qualification in Health and Safety, specifically NEBOSH General Certificate. Candidates should ideally be qualified in the National Diploma
• A technical background
• Strong attention to detail and an understanding of interpreting and adhering to standards
• Forward thinking, solution orientated and creative problem-solver
• A team player
• Flexible attitude
• Hands on attitude
• An interest in changing attitudes to safety
• A formal qualification in Health & Safety
• A good understanding of construction / utilities / Civil Engineering
• A hands on attitude to safety
What's in it for you?
• A salary of £50,000
• 25 days + BH
• Flexible working hours when practical
• 5% matched pension
• Subsidised gym
• Dental plan
• Wellbeing plan