NEBOSH; Health & Safety Manager; Rail
Your new company
Hays are recruiting for an established worldwide engineering organisation but will be based in the groups UK business. They are a leading design, engineering and project management consultancies and expanding rapidly.
Your new role
Working within its Transportation Division, The client has an exciting and challenging portfolio of projects. They are currently looking to recruit an HSE Manager in a full-time role.
This would be working on the Feltham Re-signalling project, Shepperton Pilot Scheme GRIP5-8 main office location is at Croydon and the role will require travel to Feltham, Shepperton and Kempton Park area.
* To have a visible presence on site and encourage good behaviours
* To inform management of any issues or areas for improvement on the project that need to be escalated within a timely manner
* To carry out site inspections and proactively consider future requirements working closely with the project and construction teams.
* To support project staff in identifying and reporting of behavioural issues that could have an impact on the project or their safety.
* To provide day to day support, advice and management to Project discipline management and personnel.
* To implement and brief out changes in project processes, particularly in relation to legislative, regulatory and client requirements.
* To support initiatives and review performance within projects and attend Project QSSE/Construction meetings
* To carry out audits and site inspections to ensure compliance to Network Rail, Company standards and Health & Safety legislation, across the disciplines of Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Management Principal Activities
* Maintain a high level and professional standard of knowledge and communication
* To understand and ensure project teams and contractors are working under the Construction, Design and Management (CDM) regulations.
* To attend the project and/or construction QSSE Meetings with the client, principal contractor and our sub-contractors to ensure they are aware of future work activity so that risks can be identified and safety control measures arranged.
* To implement and maintain the content of the specific site project induction and safety briefings.
* Production of QSSE Reports as required by the project and QSSE Practice Director
* To carry out effective and timely investigation and reporting of Accidents/Incidents/Close Calls and any key concerns.
* To plan and conduct effective QSSE audits, both internal and external, to ensure compliance with Project/Company policies, strategies and procedures.
* To be able to communicate an extensive knowledge of ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001.
* To support the development and monitoring of QSSE Management systems.
* To support the training of staff and employees in the use of procedures and improvement techniques.
* Provide on-site coordination of the Safety, Quality and Environmental management systems and to provide advice, support and guidance to the Project Management team.
What you'll need to succeed
* NEBOSH Diploma (desirable)
* NEBOSH Certificate (mandatory - construction desirable)
* Chartered membership of IOSH (desirable)
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
* Extensive knowledge of ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001.
* Experience of the development and monitoring of QSE Management systems.
* Hold a formal Environmental qualification such as IEMA Certificate (desirable).
* Must have previous Railway and Construction Industry experience.
* Capable of identifying QSE Improvement opportunities.
* Awareness of behavioural safety programmes (desirable)
* Experience of investigation techniques
What you'll get in return
The role is 5 days a week (40 hours) and will involve weekend or varied days in the week, depending on the contract and project requirements. This focus will be on site construction activities which require the individual to be confident to brief, challenge and liaise with operational staff, contractors and clients.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.