YOUR NEW COMPANY
A well-established organisation who provides specialist business support services across the retail industry is looking for a Health & Safety Officer to join their organisation. This is an opportunity to join a company who offers a good work/life balance, well structured well being programme for employees and support on further relevant training and career development.
YOUR NEW ROLE
This is a home-based position to cover the South West region (Devon & Cornwall), so you will be expected to travel across sites in a regular basis. Reporting directly to the H&S Manager you'll be responsible for:
* Conducting effective risk assessments and compliance audits to a broad customer base, demonstrating a sound understanding of all current legislation
* Drawing up effective site-specific hazardous area diagrams
* Ensuring clear and accurate information and guidance are provided to clients.
* Providing health and safety training when and where required
* Enhancing the stature, reputation and profitability of the company
* Deliver audit reports in a timely manner, maintaining overdue reports within set company tolerances
* Aid the Sales Team in the securing of new business by referring at least one new opportunity each week to the sales and marketing team
* Providing Health and Safety advice and expertise
* Ensure all aspects of health and safety products/services are actioned in a timely manner
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
You are a driven, confident and engaging with great customer service skills. You must have a NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent) and hold a clean UK driving licence and be willing to use own car to travel across sites.
WHAT YOU'LL GET IN RETURN
You'll be offered £27k plus commission scheme, annual bonus, flexible working practices, Investment in Learning and Development, Pension contribution, Paid lunch break, Long Service Awards.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO NOW
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.