Wrights of Twycross Ltd are looking to appoint a Health and Safety Officer, to assist the Health and Safety Manager in the operation and maintenance of the ISO45001 health and safety system for transport, recycling and agricultural business.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- undertake site visits over an operational area covering the Midlands and East Anglia
- carry out proactive tasks such as audits and site inspections
- deliver new employee safety inductions in order to provide a solid understanding of the company standards expected of all Wrights of Twycross Ltd employees
- carry out incident investigations and produce precise and timely reports with root causation (5Ys)
- advise on control measures to prevent incident reoccurrence and create safety materials to communicate findings and controls with the operational team to assist understanding
- produce reports and present information to senior members of Wrights of Twycross Ltd management team and to our customers
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (or currently working towards)
- able to use Microsoft Office suite - Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- able to work on own initiative or as part of a larger team
- Full UK driving licence
Experience within a farming, recycling and/or transport sector would be beneficial although not essential as training and knowledge will be provided to the right candidate.
This is a full-time position typically to be carried out Monday to Friday, although occasional Saturdays and antisocial hours may be required to meet the demands of the role and the business.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time – 47 hours per week ave