Your new company
This is an excellent opportunity to join the Central H&S Team for a large education client running multiple sites across London.
Your new role
This role is to support the H&S Manager in regards to safety issues, site visits, audits and inspections of all the sites within the remit of the Central H&S Team. You will be providing remote and face to face guidance in regards to health & safety management and application of best practice. Some of the main responsibilities in this role include:
- Deputising for the Health & Safety Manager when required
- Carrying out inspections of all premises and auditing against compliance
- Conducting compliance reviews
- Reviewing and assessing external H&S reports and fire risk assessments
- Working with various academic sites to develop Health & Safety management systems
- Working with the Estates team to manage training
- Solving problems
- Escalating key risks to the Health & Safety Manager
- Attending H&S committee meetings
- and more....
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful you will need to hold a NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum and have a good level of knowledge regarding health & safety legislation, policies and procedures. Experience within education is desirable but experience within other complex environments will also be of interest. You must have demonstrable experience of conducting audits and risk assessments as well as working with key senior management professionals. My client is looking for someone with excellent communication, passion for health & safety, ability to work both in a team and independently and ambition to develop and grow within the organisation.
What you'll get in return
In addition to a basic salary starting between £26k and 30k you will also be enrolled into the Local Government Pension Scheme, annual bonus, opportunities for development and training and an additional wellbeing programme including medical plans.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.