Health & Safety Officer (Fixed term 3-6 months)
Your new company
I am currently working on behalf of my client a housing association based in the North Wales area for a Health & Safety officer to join their team on a fixed term basis to conduct health & safety training, inspections and auditing and promote a positive Health & Safety culture within the business.
Your new role
- You will provide specialist knowledge and competent Health and Safety advice to all staff.
- Monitor and audit compliance and effectiveness of the Groups Health, Safety and Compliance policies and procedures.
- To develop and maintain comprehensive Health & Safety policies and procedures for both employment and service delivery to ensure they are monitored and continually reviewed.
- Investigate accidents and incidents across the Group and produce appropriate reports and recommendations for corrective action.
- Raise awareness of Health & Safety issues amongst staff including positive communications to both internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure the Group complies with the legal requirements under the Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations
- To produce construction phase plan and Health & Safety file for works under CDM and to notify HSE in order to receive F10.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant Health & Safety legislation and best practice, and provide updates on changes legislation.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful for this role applicants must have experience of working within a Health & Safety environment; In-depth knowledge of Health and Safety legislation; hold at minimum a NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent. A DBS check will also be needed but this can be provided
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.