Your new company
I am currently working with a highly successful further education college based in London who offered educational services to thousands of students from age 16 upwards. Spread across 5 sites the college offers a range of courses at varying levels of qualifications.
Your new role
This college is looking to build upon its current Health & Safety provision with an appointment of a new Health & Safety Officer. Your new role as a Health & Safety Officer will be responsible for coordinating, supporting and advising the College on all aspects in regards to Health & Safety. You will be tasked with establishing and monitoring standards, processes, communications and training in order to make sure health & safety standards remain high.
Some of the main duties in this position may include:
- Working alongside the Health & Safety Manager, Head of Estates & Facilities and other staff members to drive a positive health & safety culture
- Dealing with queries and questions regarding health, safety & the environment and providing competent advice
- Ensuring in-house procedures associated with DSE & eye-tests and Student Excursions are adhered to and all staff and students are aware of the health & safety standards
- Undertaking risk assessments and providing support to help other complete them
- Completing inspections and audits
- Taking responsibility for fire drills and fire alarms
- Providing training to support on all matters of health & safety
- Improving accident reporting and completing accident investigations to minimise further risk
This is a varied role which will develop a good health & safety skills portfolio.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful for the Health & Safety Officer position you will need to hold at minimum the NEBOSH National General Certificate and have a practical ability to demonstrate good health & safety knowledge from a similar role. You must be a collaborative individual with a 'can-do' and 'make it happen' attitude with strong communication skills. You must also be able to travel from site-to-site. You do not need previous experience within the education background but previous health & safety experience is essential. You will also need to complete an Enhanced Disclosure application.
What you'll get in return
If you are successful in your application you will be offered a salary in the region of £28,000 - £31,000 as well as generous holiday allowance of 28 days annual leave rising to 31 days after 5 years of service plus bank holidays and additional leave over Christmas. You will also be enrolled into a Local Government Pension Scheme. Other benefits include annual season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, free on-site parking, employee assistance, on site gym facilities and many more...
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. Early application is advised as interviews are happening on a rolling basis.