Trust Health and Safety Officer
37 hours per week, 52 weeks a year
Salary £27000 - £32029
We are seeking an experienced Health and Safety Officer to work within our trust. Candidates must have at least one years’ experience in a Health and Safety role and hold a IOSH and/or
Chesterton Community College is the founding school in the Cambridge Educational Trust and has been consistently placed in the top 1% of schools nationally as measured by the progress its students make from ages 11 to 16. The Trust currently consists of two schools and a sports centre and the role is to work across the sites. Other schools in the trust are, Downham Market Academy and a specialist Maths Sixth Form school in pre opening.
We offer a number of benefits including: personal laptop, millage allowance, sports centre membership and a range of staff discounts.
Specialist Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience within a similar health and safety role
- IOSH and/or NEBOSH certificate
- Excellent IT Skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to provide a high standard of administrative work
- Full clean driving licence.
- Experience of communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing, adapting style to suit the audience.
- Proactive in advising colleagues.
- Able to organise time effectively , creating work schedules, prioritising workload and meeting deadlines.
- Able to use initiative and work unsupervised.
- Able to adapt successfully to changing demands and conditions.
- Willingness to divide time equally between two main sites in Cambridge and Downham Market.
- Cambridgeshire Educational Trust uses safe recruitment procedures to ensure the welfare of children. All applicants are required to complete a DBS check.
Cambridgeshire Educational Trust uses safe recruitment procedures to ensure the welfare of children. All applicants are required to complete a DBS check and only applications submitted on the Trusts application form will be considered. All shortlisted applicants should expect to be called for interview no more than 5 working days after the closing date. If you have not heard from us by then you can expect your application to be unsuccessful. Visits to the college are welcome.