Health & Safety Officer | £40k | Manufacturing | Hertfordshire | NEBOSH Cert & COSHH experience required
Your new company
An innovative manufacturing company focused on the scientific and research sector based in Hertfordshire are looking to bring their H&S function in house and bring in an experienced Health & Safety Officer to work closely with the Head of Engineering to ensure the mitigation of risk and a positive health & safety culture.
Your new role
This is a new role for the organisation and the purpose of it is to coordinate and support the business in regards to all aspects of health & safety. You will be working to create and implement health & safety policies and establishing processes, communications and training systems to drive the function forward. On a day to day you could be getting involved with any of the following:
- Ensuring a safe workplace environment
- Ensuring the company is meeting its statutory obligations including training and reporting
- Coordinating the health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures
- Reviewing and updating procedures and policies
- Building a strong cross function safety champion team
- Completing operational tasks such as risk assessments, accident investigations, inspections, audits etc..
- Developing and delivering training and ensure records are maintained
- Managing the Health & Safety Committee Meetings
- Providing reports to stakeholders
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful you will need to have experience in a similar position ideally within the chemicals environment. A NEBOSH Certificate is a minimum requirement along with being COSHH trained. You will need to be a confident and professional practitioner who is keen to engage with managers and work in a rapidly changing environment. My client will be expecting a provable track record in undertaking H&S investigations, implementing H&S policies and providing advice to managers & supervisors.
What you'll get in return
In return you will get a generous salary of £40,000 plus a host of additional benefits including good annual leave allowance and a positive environment to work within.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.