Health and Safety Manager
- Up to £55,000 + Benefits and completion bonus.
- 12 month contract minimum
A leading property development and asset management organisation who own and manage a number of London's most iconic buildings, have engaged Acre to find an interim Health and Safety Manager on a fixed term basis. This role is to assist in protecting the interest, business, assets and well-being of the organisation, its tenants, employees and general public from harm and risk to their health, safety and wellbeing. We have been tasked with identifying a highly motivated and enthusiastic Health and Safety professional to work closely with our client's Head of Health and Safety, to support the day-to-day operation of the health and safety department, helping to ensure health and safety advice and services are available during core business hours.
Key areas of responsibility
- Manage the maintenance and updating the health and safety management systems across the business, ensuring all risks, opportunities and operational improvements relating to fire, health and safety, are properly identified and captured in line with ISO 45001 and ISO 9001.
- Carrying out ad-hoc safety inspections within their properties, identifying good practices, risks and opportunities, while also assisting in the implementation of such remedial action as may be necessary.
- Undertaking and maintaining a programme of internal monitoring and audit of all health and safety compliance obligations with the help of Head of H&S, to provide audit reports in line with ISO 45001 and ISO 9001.
- Checking and auditing the online H&S online compliance system, to ensure appropriate site-level management of both incident management and action management.
It is vital the post holder has a high level of gravitas and engagement, delivering their work in an open, energetic and enthusiastic way.
The successful individual will have:
- Previous experience within Health and Safety in ideally a property or facilities management environment, while managing H&S management systems to OSHAS 18001 or ISO 45001 standards.
- Ideal candidates will hold the NEBOSH certification, an NVQ3 or any other equivalent certification, and working towards NCRQ L6, NEBOSH Diploma L6 or NVQ5 or equivalent.
- Hold or working towards GRADIOSH.
- Demonstrable effective project management of H&S initiatives.
This is a superb opportunity to join a world leading property development and asset management business on an interim basis to gain valuable skills and experience. If this role is of interest please apply now, any questions don't hesitate to call Elliot Fisher on 0207 400 5598 or email on