Health & safety Manager; Construction
Your new company
Hays Health & Safety are working with UK based leader in roofing systems, working closely with clients in various sectors including housing, education and commercial. They work from the manufacturing process through to installation and offer long lasting roofing solutions.
Your new role
- To act as the competent person and the general point of contact across the Group responsible for all elements of health and safety, quality and environmental.
- To provide support and guidance to the Group Managing Director, Board of Directors and respective Companies to ensure that the Group's health and safety, quality and environmental operations and systems continue to meet both regulatory and industry standards and best practice and that they are effectively managed and maintained across the Group.
- To ensure compliance across the Group in accordance with Quality Management Systems in place (i.e. OHSAS18001, ISO9001 and ISO14001).
- To regularly review, update and advise the Group Managing Director and Board on existing SHEQ policies and procedures and ensure they always adhere to statutory requirements and industry best practice.
- Where changes to existing systems and procedures are necessary in order to fully comply take responsibility for making the necessary changes and properly manage their implementation.
- Ensure policies and procedures are updated, changes communicated and key stakeholders trained in new processes and that they comprehend why change was necessary.
- In conjunction with Human Resources and Learning and Development create and deliver compliance training and CPD's for employees, supply chain and customers to ensure understanding of Group policies and processes.
- To manage and monitor control of contractors and sub-contractors; work permits, inductions and general oversight of compliant working to ensure that they adhere to
- Group standards and identify key risk factors to the business and report them to then Group Directors.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum of 5 years' experience within a Health & Safety role
- Experience in all areas of Health & Safety including maintaining policies, assessing risks, training, audits & inspection, dealing with incidents and reporting
- An excellent understanding of safety and industry requirements
- A positive safety leader with a continual improvement mind-set with a track record of business and safety development.
- Demonstrable experience in quality and environmental management practices for business improvement.
- Experience as a SHE Manager or a SHEQ Manager
- Expert knowledge of ISO 45001; OHSAS 18001 and ISO14001 and ISO 9001 * Knowledge of CDM regulations
- Knowledge of the relevant regulatory framework within the construction/flat-roofing industry
Please note this job is split - 3 days in Essex and 2 days in East Midlands.
What you'll get in return
Competitive salary plus £7k Car Allowance
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.