|Salary||£40000 - £48000 per annum|
|Posted||13 days ago|
|Apply by||Friday, 6 December 2019|
Coverage: UK (London & Home Counties)
Line Reporting Manager: SHEQ Manager
Position: Permanent – Full time
My client is a sector leading Construction and Utilities specialist with ongoing multi million pound contracts. They are seeking to expand their workforce, and take on an additional Safety Manager to be employed within their communications division,
To assist in the management in the health, safety, quality and environmental matters within the Group through the provision of professional advice and solutions, ensuring compliance with legislation and best practice. The role will involve occasional weekend and/or night work.
Principle Duties and Accountabilities:
To aid in the development and implementation of Health and Safety best practice, ensuring the Company complies with current health and safety legislation, approved codes of practice and guidance in relation to employment and service provision. To work proactively with all levels of management, so to establish and maintain a safe system of work and a safe environment for colleagues and clients.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• To advise and assist in the planning and promotion of health, safety, environment and quality programs and establishing a suitable organisation to put them into effect.
• To interpret and advise on the implementation of company's policies, procedures and safe systems of work.
• To communicate with site teams, for example, but not limited to the delivery of TBT`s.
• Ensure that the requirements under the company's integrated management system are followed accordingly and to ensure that the contracts you cover are doing the same.
• Discharge your specific duties for matters regarding health, safety, welfare, environment and quality as defined in the company policy and in any procedures, efficiently and effectively.
• Assist in monitoring the health, safety, environment and quality performance on the contracts under your control and take such steps as are necessary to improve the performance.
• Carryout out regular/continuous site, compound and CDM audits/inspections. There is a minimum requirement of one site audit a month on each team and sub-contractor delivering your assigned contracts. This may require working out of hours from time to time including occasional night working.
• Ensure that all sites are CDM compliant and the relevant documentation is in place and in date.
• Ensure site notice boards are current and are erected in the appropriate place.
• Assist in the preparation of pre-qualification questionnaire's (PQQs) and tender documentation
• Assist the Manager in compiling records from SHEQ related meetings.
• Co-ordinate with the SHEQ Department in all health, safety, environment and quality matters.
• Ensure so far as you are able, that effective arrangements exist to protect the health and safety of your work force and ensure that all relevant operational and emergency procedures, codes of practice, instructions and legislation are implemented and observed.
• Shall be accountable to the SHEQ Manager in respect of health, safety, quality and environmental matters.
• Responsible for exercising a general duty of care for the health, safety, environmental, quality and welfare of employees under your control.
• Shall ensure that site employees work in accordance with the company's health and safety requirements, policy's and procedures along with the client's requirements.
• Shall take appropriate action when notified of disregard of safety on site.
• Shall monitor provision and effectiveness of adequate and existing welfare facilities
• Promote the reporting of near misses throughout the company.
• Comply with all reasonable requests required by the SHEQ Manager.
Skills and Requirements:
• Good spoken and written communication skills.
• Good negotiation skills.
• A tactful but assertive manner.
• Logical thinking and problem-solving ability.
• Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
• The ability to cope under pressure.
• The ability to understand and interpret relevant laws.
• Computer literacy.
• Report writing.
• Self-motivated but able to work as part of a team.
• Trustworthiness and discretion when handling confidential information.
• A smart appearance and professional manner.
Qualifications / Competency:
• NEBOSH qualification
• Proficient in compiling Reports.
• Competent in standard Microsoft Software.