Health and Safety Manager
London | £55,000 + Bonus and Excellent Benefits
An exciting new role has arisen with a large, global hotel company as a Health and Safety Manager. Our client's turnover is in excess of £1bn globally and are expanding rapidly across the UK with sites and employees spread throughout. This role is responsible for managing a Health and Safety Advisor and is leading on health and safety across a key region for the business.
Responsibilities for the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Managing a Health and Safety Advisor, implementing health and safety policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- Providing operational and strategic advice and support on the implementation of health, safety and wellbeing systems
- Undertaking audits and inspections of the site, identifying areas for improvement and reporting on the findings
- Acting as the center point for health and safety, chairing meetings with senior management and presenting to key stakeholders
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within leisure, hotels, facilities management, property, building services, media or a related industry
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate (or equivalent) and membership of IOSH, ideally hold Diploma level qualification and working towards Chartership
- Excellent communications skills with proven experience engaging a wide range of stakeholders in a corporate environment
This position will require a self starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running; excellent communication skills are essential.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact James Irwin on +44(0) 1923 432 632 or apply here.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.