Acre have been engaged on an exclusive basis to identify candidates for a newly created Health and Safety Manager for a large and diverse organisation in Leicestershire. Reporting into the Director of Health and Safety, you will support the senior leadership teams to assist them in discharging their Health and Safety obligations. You will ensure their Health and Safety strategy is supported and implemented across their entire portfolio of buildings. You will also be responsible for managing the relationships of key stakeholders - in-house staff, consultants, contractors and sub-contractors.
Responsibilities will include;
- Liaising with key stakeholders within the division in order to ensure health and safety standards are being met and improved where required
- Acting as a champion for health and safety and assisting the Director of Health & Safety in the roll out of the new health and safety improvement plan
- Supporting the senior leadership team in driving a culture of positive change
- Delivering health and safety training
- Providing health and safety coaching to members of the team to support development as necessary
- Carrying out reactive and proactive monitoring across all key assets
- Collaborating with other Safety Services colleagues in order to achieve a common goal
The successful candidate will have significant experience working within the built environment and a track record of delivering Health and Safety change. You'll also have excellent communication skills and the ability to influence across a wide range of stakeholder and a diverse property portfolio.
- Level 6 qualification or equivalent within Health and Safety
- Experience of working within an FM or building maintenance/engineering environment
- A customer focused approach and the ability to drive change
- Previous training experience
- A flexible and pragmatic approach
This is an unique opportunity to shape and manage the health and safety responsibilities across the asset management team, ensuring their platform for managing compliance (in its widest form) is robust and embedded across a diverse portfolio of buildings.