Health and Safety Manager | Civil Engineering
Maidstone, Kent| £50,000 + Car allowance + benefits.
Irwin & Colton are pleased to be working with one of the UK's largest infrastructure and civil engineering companies who are seeking a Health and Safety Manager to join their successful and innovative Health & Safety team. Reporting into the Director of SHEQ, this role is focused on helping to ensure the safe delivery of major, long term contracts with a value of up to £1bn. The organisation has an excellent track record across health and safety and this role is critical to its continued success.
This role would suit an enthusiastic and passionate individual, who is keen to influence and has the ability to work autonomously.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Implementing health and safety policies and procedures on site, ensuring compliance and keeping updated with key changes to legislation.
- Ensuring the successful implementation and delivery of the company's health and safety strategy across the regional area, seeking areas for continuous improvement
- Offering expert health and safety advice to staff at all levels and regularly acting as key point of contact.
- Leading on site audits and inspections and undertake any accident and incident investigations where necessary.
- Getting involved in new projects and any other safety related company initiatives.
The Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Previous experience from within the utilities or civil engineering industry.
- Ideally a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent with Graduate membership of IOSH (GradIOSH)
- The ability to engage with a range of key stakeholders and work independently to deliver against the organisations' targets and objectives.
- Hold a full, clean UK driving licence
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading utilities company, who have an excellent track record regarding health and safety and will require a self-starter who can hit the ground running. For further details please contact Emily Dainton on or 01923 432 634.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.