Shirley Parsons are working exclusively with a UK based Retailer to recruit a Health & Safety Manager. Based from their head office in Surrey and with regular travel to stores, you will focus on maintaining and developing H&S standards and management systems across the portfolio whilst promoting a positive H&S culture. Key areas of focus will also include Fire safety, occupational health assessments and incident investigation as well as delivering training across the organisation. You will also manage a H&S Coordinator.
- Develop, monitor and review H&S policies and safe systems of work, making recommendations for change, and supporting management teams to implement them.
- Complete H&S compliance visits to stores in order to ensure that business standards are being maintained.
- Work closely with the Facilities and wider Operations teams, collaborating with all Stores and Support Office teams.
- Identify H&S training needs, including formulating training content.
- Review the H&S competency of appointed contractors.
- NEBOSH Diploma/equivalent or working towards.
- Experience of working in a similar role with multi-site experience.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong communicator with an enthusiastic approach to H&S.
- Strong problem-solving skills.