|Salary||£45000 - £47000 per annum|
|Posted||3 months ago|
|Apply by||Saturday, 29 June 2019|
My client is a sector leading cladding instillation specialist with over 5 years of orders on their books. They are seeking to expand their workforce, and take on an additional Safety Manager to be employed on a prestigious central London project.
Main Purpose of the position: Specific responsibility for the provision of advice, To include the production/review of documentation and monitoring of Health and Safety matters.
Key relationships with:
Quality Lead, Project Management, all front line personnel including subcontractors, suppliers and clients.
Key tasks & Responsibilities:
• Ensure that effective Health & Safety support & guidance is provided to line management within designated areas of responsibility. Working with colleagues within the HSQE team to ensure that advice is accurate, timely and presented in such a way as to ensure acceptance and subsequent implementation. Continuously monitor Portfolio
Health & Safety performance so as to identify & address issues of concern before they adversely impact works.
• Champion the Company's Integrated Management System (IMS) at all times ensuring that Project staff & contractors adhere to its requirements.
• Promotion of Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental issues and awareness within their Portfolio including the preparation and delivery of Safety Communications (i.e.Tool Box Talks, Safety Alerts) and attendance at Safety Forums.
• Assisting in the production and/or review of any Portfolio specific procedures and documentation i.e. Site Files, Project Plans, General Method Statements, Specific Method Statements, Emergency Plans as well as Risk, Manual Handling and COSHH assessments, including the review of subcontractor documents.
• Assist in the identification, development and implementation of specific Health and Safety related Initiatives, ensuring they meet business, client and legal requirements.
• Representing the department and company at Client facing meetings.
• Lead/assist in Accident & Incident Investigations ensuring timely reporting to management & clients, preparation of interim and final reports and the presentation of same as required.
• Undertake any specific health and safety related tasks or projects allocated by the Senior H&S Manager
• NEBOSH Construction Certificate essential
• Some experience in safety desirable
• Good problem solving skills
• Confident communicator with associated presentation skills
• Proficient in Word, Powerpoint, Excel
Salary: £45,000 to £47,000 pa
Company bonus scheme