|Salary||£31,573 - £37,144|
|Posted||3 months ago|
|Apply by||Thursday, 27 June 2019|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Health and Safety Manager to join the Health and Safety Team at Progress Housing Group, following a service review. The Team provides a comprehensive health and safety business partnering service, through working collaboratively with teams and partners, to ensure all health and safety risks are identified, assessed and managed in accordance with legislative requirements, best practice and the Group’s risk strategy.
We are proud of our achievements to date and look forward to strengthening our approach further through effective leadership, promoting a positive health and safety culture and enabling improved performance.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and forward thinking practitioner who is well organised, can respond well to challenges and can manage a diverse range of activities to assist the Team to achieve its objectives and support the Group to deliver its strategic aims and business plan in line with our values.
Duties & Responsibilities (not limited to):
1. Provide expert health and safety advice and support to the Group, enabling legislative compliance and the achievement of best practice.
2. Manage health and safety operational services, including proactive programmes of work such as training, assessment, inspection and health surveillance and reactive work such as accident/incident investigations.
3. Lead the improvement of health and safety performance, including monitoring the effectiveness of operational procedures and practice and making recommendations for improvement, as well as overseeing remedial actions and lessons learnt from loss events through to completion.
Skills & qualities
You will have/be:
1. Excellent planning, leadership and organisational skills and the ability to multi-task effectively through planning, prioritisation and the effective utilisation of your own time and the team.
2. Experience of successfully operating at a senior level in occupational safety and health in a large, complex organisation and the ability to remove barriers which get in the way of effective service delivery.
3. Experience of assessing and managing health and safety risk and developing and implementing health and safety and policies, procedures, guidance and plans, with the ability to consider the wider impacts to enable the achievement of objectives.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, please click below to be directed to our website where you can view the job description and person specification.
Progress Housing Group is a Registered Social Landlord.
Our vision is to have a positive impact on people and communities by providing high quality homes, supporting independence and creating opportunities. We are committed to working with others to achieve the Group’s strategic aims and our values underpin everything we do.
We own and manage over 11,000 homes and have been delivering housing and related services for over 20 years. We operate mainly in Lancashire, but provide Supported Living homes for people with a learning disability nationwide, as well as accommodation for keyworkers in Lincolnshire. We also manage women's refuges and supported schemes for people facing homelessness. We currently employ 630 employees.
Application Closing Date: 17th June 2019
Interview Date: 26th June 2019