Health and Safety Manger
Oxford | £52,000 + Excellent Benefits
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a high-profile University to recruit a Health and Safety Manager to join their team. The University is one the top higher education centers in the country and this role is a University wide role, primarily focused on leading the areas of health and safety training and occupational hygiene.
Health and safety is a top priority for the University and this role is focused on both consolidating the excellent work to date and helping to drive and modernize the function with responsible in the key areas across 40,000 staff and students.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Leading on the development and delivery of health and safety training across the University, ensuring this is fit for purpose
- Assessing and delivering on opportunities for driving efficiency and modernising the health and safety training function, including driving the program of online training
- Taking the lead responsibility for occupational hygiene within the University, covering areas such as COSHH, noise and vibration.
- Providing health and safety support across the University, particularly within the research departments
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar Health and Safety role, ideally from within a research, scientific or similar environment
- An undergraduate degree (or equivalent) and relevant membership of IOSH
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with experience influencing and engaging with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail with a proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously
For further information contact Conor Walsh on or 01923 432 628 or apply here. Ref 6144
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.