Health and Safety Manager | Birmingham
£40,000 to £55,000 + car or car allowance + benefits
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a leading civil engineering and RC Frame construction contractor to recruit a Health and Safety Manager. This role will be responsible for driving a positive safety culture and best practice across a range of construction projects across the Midlands. Supported by the Group HSEQ Director, this is great opportunity to join a highly successful developing business in the UK with excellent opportunities for career advancement.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Developing and implementing innovative ideas to improve health and safety performance
- Providing competent and professional health and safety advice to all employees and ensure all company systems, procedures and policies are complied with.
- Conducting training, toolbox talks, inductions and investigating incidents where required
- Undertaking audits and inspections, identifying areas for improvement and reporting on the findings
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally from within construction or a related industry
- Minimum of NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and preferably membership of IOSH
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to engage with a range of key stakeholders
- Drive and enthusiasm with the willingness to develop and grow
This is an excellent opportunity for an established health and safety professional to further develop their career across an interesting portfolio of construction projects, with a leading civil engineering contractor. For further details and to apply please contact Emily Dainton on or 01923 432 634. REF ED474
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.