Do you want to help make limitless fusion power a reality? Are you a Health and Safety Manager looking for a unique opportunity? If so, Tokamak Energy are seeking a talented and innovative individual who is passionate about accelerating the development of fusion power to join their team.
Tokamak Energy’s mission is to transform the way the world generates power by creating a clean, safe and sustainable source of energy for current and future generations. Our innovative approach to fusion is based on two emerging technologies: spherical tokamaks (STs) and high-field magnets made from high temperature superconductors (HTS).
Combining these two technologies enables efficient fusion power production in devices much smaller than previously thought possible. To demonstrate this revolutionary technology, Tokamak Energy are currently operating the world’s first high field spherical tokamak, ST40; designing and building increasingly powerful high-field HTS magnets; and designing a large scale HTS tokamak, ST-F1, that will be the first device to demonstrate the viability of fusion power.
As Health and Safety Manager you will lead the development and implementation of the HSE strategy within a fast-moving organisation. The role is primarily focused on the operational health and safety within the organisation’s facility on Milton Park. It will also encompass radiological health and safety challenges as the company progresses to the next phase of its operations. This is a managerial role and the candidate must be able to demonstrate the personal qualities required to lead the HSE function within the business. You will have experience working within a hi-tech engineering industry and have a concrete knowledge of Health and Safety.
- IOSH is a minimum requirement & NEBOSH is desirable
- The ability to work autonomously
- The ability to engage, coach & mentor other members of staff
- Within the role the HSE manager will communicate and engage with all the work force on a behavioural level to achieve a positive HSE culture.
- The role is a strategic one and the HSE Manager is responsible for the practical application of health and safety policy on the ground, assisting management, employees and contractors in undertaking the measures needed to comply with requirements of company policy, legislation and/or statutory provisions.
- An understanding of radiological HSE issues would be beneficial
- Passion for safety and a positive attitude
Salary – Competitive with generous benefits