- Reporting into the Head of H&S for this business unit, you will take the lead on the development of this area's H&S strategy and performance, liaising with various stakeholders of all levels; both direct employees and external contractors alike.
- Take a lead in raising H&S awareness, monitoring performance and reporting key issues and statistical data to senior management.
- Develop and implement business-wide initiatives and behavioural safety programmes, designed to improve H&S performance and cultivate cultural change.
- Managing a team of direct reports, supporting and monitoring their day-to-day performance and effectiveness in helping to develop H&S performance.
- Oversee incident investigations and root cause analysis, supporting senior management with the resolution of these investigations.
- NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent qualification) is required.
- Ideally you will be CMIOSH, or at least working towards this.
- A track-record of success in delivering high levels of H&S performance, across large and diverse businesses.
- Relevant industry experience of high risk areas such as utilities, civil engineering or construction.
- Experience in effectively managing a team of direct reports on a day-to-day basis.
- Experience in management of Contractors and senior stake holders.