|Sector||Corporate HSE, Risk management|
|Posted||8 months ago|
|Apply by||Thursday, 10 January 2019|
Are you looking for an opportunity to establish a best in class safety culture for our employees, business partners and customers? Can you drive a positive health and safety environment whereby everyone is engaged, empowered and accountable? Do you have the tenacity, resilience and positivity to just get things done? If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you.
In an ever-evolving industry we’re growing fast. Currently the ninth busiest airport in the UK, and the fifth largest outside London. We are a modern airport, defined by great people who are skilled, passionate and confident, and who are committed to providing great service with a relaxed and friendly style. This blend of talents, focus and dedication makes us extraordinary.
Reporting to the Head of Airside Operations & Safety you will help us to establish a ‘best in class’ safety culture across the Airport, leading by example and influencing senior management to lead the agenda through “walking the talk” on health and safety. As Health & Safety Manager you will:
• Devise systems, policies and ways of working that ensure we operate a safe and compliant environment for our employees, business partners and customers
• Drive continuous improvement, instilling a positive health and safety culture whereby everyone is engaged, empowered and accountable, driving continuous improvement
• Create, implement and maintain a Safety Management System that supports and measures the right behaviours
• Ensure robust fire safety management across the Airport, in conjunction with the Chief Fire Officer
• Devise and implement a comprehensive, tailored Health & Safety training programme in conjunction with the People team, utilising appropriate media, maintaining up-to-date records and ensuring timely refreshers
• Establish, chair and lead a cross-functional Health & Safety committee
• Establish a comprehensive and pragmatic risk assessment programme, creating a library of templates and providing training
• Ensure all accidents and incidents are fully reported and thoroughly investigated, providing support and advice as required
• Manage a programme of scheduled and ad hoc testing for drugs and alcohol, in line with Company policy, to assure the safe operation of vehicles, equipment and the airfield
A strong relationship builder, across multiple functions and levels, and with the ability to manage and influence multiple stakeholders, we’d like you to already have a generous amount of experience in a similar role, ideally within a dynamic, 24/7, operational and customer-focussed business, where you have led similar ‘best in class’ initiatives.
Already in possession of, or actively working towards, Chartered membership of IOSH (or equivalent), you’ll need a good understanding of the principles of good governance. Demonstrable experience of internal auditing to ISO 45001 (or equivalent) is also required.
Does this sound like you?
In return we offer a generous benefits package that includes 25 days annual leave, Stakeholder Pension Plan, free parking, private medical care - plus lots more. Apply now and land yourself the perfect role.
Please note, Bristol Airport reserves the right to bring forward the closing date of any of its job vacancies if we receive a suitable number of quality applications from which to make a shortlist. Therefore, we recommend at you apply as soon as possible rather than wait until the published closing date.