Health and Safety Manager
Chipping Norton | £ Dependent upon experience + Car
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a diverse organisation, with a large agricultural property portfolio covering thousands of acres, to recruit a Health and Safety Manager in a newly created role. From civil engineering and quarrying through to agricultural processing / manufacturing facilities, the organisation has a varied range of business units and associated health and safety risks to manage.
It is essential the successful candidate for this role is comfortable engaging and communicating both with the workforce on the ground and with senior management.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Assessing the current health and safety policies and procedures across the business and analysing key areas for improvement
- Working with the Senior Leadership Team ensuring the successful implementation of the health and safety strategy
- Assisting site leaders in streamlining systems and processes
- Keeping updated with key changes to health and safety legislation, ensuring the organisation remains compliant
- Engaging with senior managers, clients and external stakeholders ensuring responsibilities are clear and raising the profile of the function
- Assessing training requirements and delivering training across the business
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar health and safety role with exposure to a range or risks associated with civil engineering, quarrying and agricultural environment
- Hold or working towards NEBOSH / NCRQ diploma (or equivalent) and membership of IOSH
- A pragmatic approach to safety and the ability to engage and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, from site level to the boardroom
For further information contact James Irwin on or 01923 432 632 or apply here. Ref JI 3340
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.